Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions
Last Updated: January 3rd, 2020
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE AGREEING. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS, PLEASE NAVIGATE AWAY FROM THIS WEBSITE.
1. Contractual Relationship with megabus.com
A. Contractual Relationship
These Terms and Conditions govern your access and/or or use of this website, purchasing a ticket and/or services through this website, use of a Megabus vehicle or other motorcoach services. Your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions constitutes your agreement to be legally bound by them, which establishes a contractual relationship between you and Megabus. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, you may not purchase a ticket and/or services through this website, use a Megabus vehicle or any other motorcoach services, or use this website.
Certain of the motorcoach services sold through this website are not megabus.com services, but rather are services provided by other authorized motor carriers which are identified on the search results pages.
The term megabus.com is not a legal entity but rather a branded trade name associated with the various Megabus Operating Carriers, as outlined and defined herein.
B. Legal Identity
You are entering these Terms and Conditions with the “Megabus Operating Carrier(s)”, a term that is defined to encompass the various affiliated, and non-affiliated third party, operating carriers referenced in this section that may transport passengers on certain megabus.com vehicles. The term “Megabus” herein shall be deemed to be the individual Megabus Operating Carrier providing the service. Such service can be provided by either affiliated or non-affiliated third-party motorcoach operators. The individual Megabus Operating Carrier utilized, and the particular route traveled by that operator, is subject to change, without notice, and as circumstances warrant.
While Stagecoach Group Plc is the registrant of the domain, and operates the website(s), it does not itself transport any passengers, and is not responsible for the goods or services offered or provided by the individual Megabus Operating Carriers, in the United States and Canada. Coach USA is the owner of the megabus.com trademark. Similarly, Coach USA, Inc., Coach Leasing, Inc. and Megabus USA, LLC are also not Megabus Operating Carriers and do not provide any motorcoach services, as outlined herein.
- Affiliated Megabus Operating Carriers
In the United States, most megabus.com motorcoach service is operated by one of the following legal entities: Megabus Northeast LLC, DOT No. 1759030, MC No. 643228 (for routes operated in or through Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and Virginia); Megabus Southeast LLC, DOT No. 523524, MC No. 263222 (for certain routes in the southeast U.S., including routes to/from Atlanta, Georgia and routes within Alabama, Florida, Kentucky, Louisiana, North Carolina and South Carolina); Megabus Southwest LLC, Inc. DOT No. 50611 MC No. 115432 (for routes in Texas, Arkansas, and Louisiana); Megabus West LLC, DOT No. 20103, MC No. 29592 (for routes in California and Nevada); Sam Van Galder Inc., DOT No. 74456, MC No. 112422 (for routes in Indiana, Illinois, Minnesota, and Wisconsin); Wisconsin Coach Lines, Inc., DOT No. 46567, MC No. 123432 (for routes in Indiana, Illinois, and Wisconsin); Lakefront Lines Inc, DOT No. 34379, MC No. 125057 (for routes in or through Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio); Suburban Transit Corp., DOT No. 43463, MC No. 115116 (for routes in New Jersey and New York); and Hudson Transit Lines, Inc., d/b/a Shortline, DOT No. 13944, MC No. 228 (for routes in New York). In Canada, and for the portion of the route between Buffalo and the international border, megabus.com service may be provided by Trentway-Wagar Inc., DOT No. 26345, MC No. 126430. Trentway-Wagar also holds appropriate operating authority issued by the Government of Ontario.
The address of Megabus Northeast LLC is 349 First St, Elizabeth, NJ 07206. The address of Megabus Southeast LLC is 705 Lively Avenue, Norcross, GA 30091. The address of Megabus Southwest LLC is 1430 East Houston Street, San Antonio, TX 78202. The address of Megabus West LLC is 2001 S Manchester Ave, Anaheim, CA 92808. The address of Sam Van Galder Inc is 715 South Pearl St, Janesville, WI 53548. The address of Lakefront Lines Inc is 13315 Brookpark Rd, Brookpark. The address of Suburban Transit Corp. is 750 Somerset Street, New Brunswick, NJ 08901. The address of Short Line Bus Company is 66 Tetz Road, Chester, NY 10918. The address of Trentway-Wagar Inc. is 791 Webber Ave., Peterborough, ON KPJ 7B1.
2. Non-Affiliated, Third-Party Megabus Operating Carriers
Megabus.com service may on occasion be provided by certain authorized, non-affiliated, third-party motorcoach operators with whom megabus.com maintains operating arrangements. In these situations, megabus.com serves only as a sales agent and assumes no responsibility or liability of any kind whatsoever for the independent services they provide. Such services are provided by the following non-affiliated third-party motor carriers.
On certain routes to/from or within Iowa, Nebraska and Illinois, megabus.com service may be provided by Windstar Lines, Inc., DOT No. 608224, MC No. 292914. On certain routes in Connecticut, Massachusetts, New York and Vermont, megabus.com service may be provided by Dattco Inc., DOT No. 61222, MC No.-95466. On certain routes in Maine and Massachusetts, megabus.com service may be provided by Concord Coach Lines, DOT No. 86264, MC No. 116140. Additional non-affiliated third-party motor carriers may also be utilized, without notice, as circumstances warrant. Except as set forth herein, transportation provided by these other motorcoach operators is subject exclusively to their own terms and conditions.
The address of Windstar Lines, Inc. is 1903 N US Highway 71, Carroll, IA 51401. The address of Dattco Inc. is 583 South Street, New Britain, CT 06051. The address of Concord Coach Lines is 7 Langdon Street, Concord, NH 03301.
2. Reservation Terms and Conditions
All prices are shown in United States dollars ($). Megabus.com one-way fares start as low as US $1 and are inclusive of any applicable sales taxes. Fares may vary by reservation date, day of travel and demand for seats. $1.00 fares are limited. Fares are subject to change without notice. A $3.99 non-refundable booking fee is charged for all online reservations. This fee is charged to cover administration charges related to your reservation. Megabus.com reserves the right to impose additional charges. Calls to the megabus.com reservation hotline are toll free within the United States. Although reservations made by telephone will be charged at the same rate as those made on the internet, there will be a $7.00 non-refundable booking fee charge (in lieu of the $3.99 fee described above).
For changes to existing reservations a $3.00 change fee will apply to trips greater than 24 hours from time of departure, a $5.00 change fee will apply for trips 6-24 hours from time of departure and a $7.50 change fee will apply for trips 3-6 hours from time of departure. Any change to your reservation may result in a fare increase. Megabus may offer its best prices to those who make reservations early or choose less popular trips. Please note that due to the high sales volumes on our website, prices may fluctuate between searches and are not guaranteed until a purchase is paid for and confirmed.
While ticket prices start at $1.00 on all trips, megabus.com typically only sells a very limited number of $1.00 tickets per trip to the first or initial customers that purchase a ticket for that trip. When demand is high, Megabus Operating Carriers may use two or more buses per trip to accommodate all passengers. In such instances the addition of an extra bus or buses may not result in additional availability of $1.00 tickets. Megabus.com reserves the right to limit the number of $1.00 tickets purchased by any one person or entity.
B. Age of Passengers.
You must be 18 years of age or over to make travel reservations on megabus.com. All children under 17 years of age must be accompanied by an adult (17 years of age or over) when traveling on a Megabus Operating Carrier’s motorcoach. By purchasing a ticket, you confirm you are at least the age of 18 and that any passenger under age 17 will be accompanied by a responsible person 17 years of age or over. Megabus reserves the right, but is not obligated, to verify the age of any passenger and deny access to anyone under 17 years of age who is not accompanied by a responsible person 17 years of age or over.
When your reservation has been completed, megabus.com will issue you with a confirmation e-mail. It is your responsibility to check that the confirmation issued to you is accurate. Megabus.com is only responsible for issuing the confirmation in accordance with your request made on this website. Confirmed reservations are only valid on the trip(s) stated. All passengers are required to have a valid confirmed reservation regardless of age. Passengers are required to present a valid reservation number, provided at the time of purchase, when boarding a motorcoach. If a Megabus Operating Carrier has reason to suspect the fraudulent use of a confirmation, You may be denied transportation on a motorcoach. Your sole remedy would be seek an exchange or refund of the ticket.
D. Changes to Reservations.
Customers wishing to change a reservation must do so at least 3 hours prior to the departure time of the existing reservation. A trade in fee ($3.00 for trade ins more than 24 hours from departure, $5.00 for trade ins 6 to 24 hours from departure, $7.50 for trade ins 3 to 6 hours from departure) and a $3.99 new reservation fee, or $7 when the change is made by telephone, is charged for all reservations being changed. The cost of the initial reservation will be credited against the subsequent reservation, less the applicable fees. Should the subsequent reservation be less expensive than the initial reservation, no payment or further credit will be made to the customer and all unused credit will be forfeited. If the initial amount paid is less than the cost of the subsequent reservation, the customer must pay the difference when completing their new reservation.
E. Refunds and Cancellations.
Reservations with megabus.com may not be refunded or canceled except where a Megabus Operating Carrier has materially failed in its delivery of the service offered by this site. If reserved seat reservations are not honored but the transportation is still provided, then only the additional cost of a reserved seat price, if any, will be refunded. Megabus Operating Carriers are not responsible for delays or cancellations caused by traffic or road conditions, weather or other causes over which it has no control. Megabus Operating Carriers will make a reasonable effort to make wi-fi services and other amenities available free of charge to every passenger. If the wi-fi service or other amenity is unavailable no refund will be issued. No refund will be made in relation to any confirmation refused due to fraudulent use.
Customers are required to be at their departure point at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time. This allows Megabus Operating Carriers to board customers in a timely manner avoiding any delays that may impact on the departure of the vehicle. Failure to arrive on time could lead to the forfeiture of your ticket, with no right of refund or credit. Megabus Operating Carriers reserve the right to right to substitute a replacement vehicle which may not have all of the regular amenities for operational reasons.
G. Connecting Travel.
Megabus Operating Carriers offer approved connections and will guarantee customer’s travel to their final destinations. These approved connections are available for sale on the megabus.com website and will only require one search and one reservation for travel. Megabus Operating Carriers do not guarantee connections on non-approved connections where multiple reservations are needed to travel to the final destination. If passengers decide to make a non-approved connection, then we require that you allow at least two hours in between trips to account for any delays that may be experienced.
H. Limitations on Luggage.
Megabus Operating Carriers do not check luggage or provide receipts for luggage transported with the vehicle by the passenger. Customers are advised that Megabus Operating Carriers will accept up to ONE (1) piece of luggage per passenger reservation. Such luggage must not exceed 62 inches when adding the total exterior dimensions of the piece (length + width + height). Passengers can also take onboard one (1) small carry-on bag that will fit in the overhead storage compartments or under the seat. Maximum bag sizes that are commonly used for airline carry-on, such as wheeled, rectangular, bags are typically too large to be taken onboard the bus and will not be permitted in the passenger area. Megabus Operating Carriers suggest a bag with dimensions no larger than a briefcase as being about the correct size for carriage onto the bus. In the interests of safety and the prevention of injury to employees and associates, no pieces of luggage over 50 pounds in weight are allowed - regardless of whether additional reservations have been purchased or not. All luggage should be locked and TSA approved locking devices are recommended, particularly if crossing international borders. It is also recommend that you label your luggage with your name, address and contact number.
Please be advised that passengers wishing to travel with more luggage than specified above may have items refused. No refunds will be issued in respect of travel plans canceled by the customer as a result of their excess luggage being refused. If you wish to take an extra piece of luggage, subject to the same size and weight restrictions, you may purchase an additional travel ticket in advance of travel. Customers presenting additional pieces of luggage without an additional passenger reservation in New York, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington DC, Boston, Atlanta, Orlando, Los Angeles, San Francisco and all Texas cities will be requested to pay the full walk-up fare for the carriage of additional pieces of luggage. Where additional luggage is accepted for travel by the bus operator or dispatcher, Megabus Operating Carriers do not guarantee that the luggage will be carried on any subsequent service the customer intends to use, whether a Megabus Operating Carrier, an approved connection or a non-approved connection.
Medical devices required for travel are carried in addition to the luggage limitations. Children strollers may also be carried in addition to the luggage limitations, maximum one per passenger, provided that they are properly folded and capable of being stowed in the luggage compartment. Bicycles, skis, snowboards, golf clubs and musical instruments are not permitted on motorcoaches unless they are in a case that does not exceed the dimensions and weight discussed above. Customers may not transport in their baggage or otherwise any items that are inherently dangerous, including any hazardous materials as that term is defined by the US Department of Transportation, or weapons of any kind. Megabus operators reserve the right to place further restrictions on items transported for the safety of its passengers, the operator and the motorcoach.
I. Pets and Animals.
Megabus Operating Carriers are unable to carry animals, with the exception of trained service animals that allow Passengers with Disabilities to perform necessary activities. Service animals must be properly harnessed and under the direct control of the passenger at all times.
J. Beverages/Food/Personal Items.
Customers are allowed to bring food and non-alcoholic beverages onboard. Passengers are not permitted consume or bring alcoholic beverages onboard. Customers are asked to remove all garbage as a courtesy to other passengers and the operator. Should any food or beverages be left on the bus unattended in an open manner during a stop, the operator may be permitted to discard such items. The operator and Megabus will have no liability for any items left unattended.
K. No Smoking.
Smoking, including the use of electronic simulated smoking materials, e-cigarettes, and smokeless cigarettes, is prohibited in our buses.
L. Other Prohibited Items.
In addition to the above, any other material or object prohibited by law from carrying or transporting shall be prohibited.
M. Seatbelt Use.
The majority of our motorcoaches as well as some provided by third-party operating carriers are equipped with passenger seat belts as a safety feature and, when used properly, may reduce serious injury or death if there is an accident. Safety is our top priority and Coach USA ensures that all its safety protocols are in place for your journey with us. However, it is encouraged to use the seat belt where available (subject to age restriction or medical exemption) as an additional safety measure as you travel to your destination.
3. Transportation on Megabus Vehicles
A. Refusal to Transport Passengers; Right to Remove from Vehicle
Megabus Operating Carriers reserve the right to refuse to transport or shall have the right to remove from the motorcoach at any point, any customer for the following reasons:
- Government Request or Regulations. Whenever such action is necessary to comply with any government regulation, security directive, or any governmental request for emergency transportation in connection with the national defense.
- Force Majeure and Other Conditions. Whenever such action is necessary or advisable by reason of weather or other conditions beyond megabus.com control including, but not limited to, acts of God, force majeure, strikes, civil commotions, embargoes, wars, hostilities, terrorist activities, or disturbances, whether actual, threatened, or reported.
- Across International Boundaries. Whenever a customer is traveling across any international boundary if: the government required travel documents of such Customer appear not to be in order according to Megabus' reasonable belief; or such customer's embarkation from, transit through, or entry into any country from, through, or to which such customer desires transportation would be unlawful or denied for any reason.
- Safety. Whenever refusal or removal of a customer may be necessary for the safety of such customer or other customers or drivers, including, but not limited to: (a) Persons whose conduct is disorderly, offensive, abusive, illegal or violent; (b) Persons who fail to comply with or interfere with the duties of driver, including the failure to obey instructions from the driver; (c) Persons who wear or have on or about their person, or baggage, concealed or unconcealed deadly or dangerous weapons; and/or (d) Persons with a communicable disease or infection known or reasonably believed by Megabus to pose a direct threat to the health or safety of others.
B. Recording Policy
The vehicles operated by Megabus Operating Carriers may be equipped with video and, audio recording equipment. Video and audio recordings may be viewed at any time for any reason by Megabus personnel. Such recordings may also be made available to law enforcement, or other government officials, upon request. Your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, and/or boarding a vehicle with such equipment, shall constitute consent to any such recordings, and their use.
C. Cross-Border Travel
Persons traveling across the U.S.-Canada border should ascertain information on documents needed to cross the border from the relevant U.S. and Canadian government agencies, as such requirements are subject to change. A valid passport is required for citizens of any nation, including citizens of the United States and Canada, to cross the border in either direction between the United States and Canada. Passengers are advised to consult with their government if they seek to cross the border without a valid passport. For U.S. Government information, passengers should consult with U.S. Customs and Border Protection at www.cbp.gov. For Canadian Government information, passengers should consult with the Canadian Border Services Agency at www.cbsa.gc.ca.
A guardian traveling with children must provide proof of custody or notarized parental authorization for travel. An adult accompanying a child who is neither a parent nor guardian of the child should have written permission from a parent or guardian to accompany the child across the border, including the name and contact information of the parent or guardian.
Luggage is subject to inspection when crossing international borders. You will be asked to declare any items subject to duty upon crossing the border. Megabus.com is not responsible for any luggage crossing international borders. Passengers must claim all luggage at the border crossing point before proceeding. No luggage is allowed across the border unless claimed by a passenger.
Megabus Operating Carriers will not provide free transportation to a passenger denied entry across an international border, and no refunds or credits will be provided.
4. Dispute Resolution
Arbitration procedures are generally simpler than the rules that apply in courts, and discovery is more limited. Except as specifically outlined herein, you and/or the relevant Megabus Operating Carrier (including any non-affiliated, third-party motorcoach operator referenced above, or otherwise) may elect to resolve any dispute, claim or controversy (collectively “Claims”) by individual arbitration. Such Claims include, but are not limited to, all disputes between the parties arising out of, or in any way relating to: motorcoach services; loss, damage or injury to persons and/or property transported by a Megabus Operating Carrier or one of its authorized, non-affiliated motorcoach operators; claims of discrimination; the use of the megabus.com website and its implementation; and these Terms and Conditions or the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation or validity thereof.
Arbitration may be commenced by either party at any time. Except that each party retains the right to bring an individual action in a small claims court of competent jurisdiction and the right to seek injunctive or other equitable relief in a court of competent jurisdiction to prevent the actual or threatened infringement, misappropriation or violation of a party's copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents or other intellectual property rights.
The Federal Arbitration Act will govern the interpretation and enforcement of this Section.
B. No Trial by Jury or Class Action / Representative Claims.
If arbitration is chosen by either party, neither you nor a Megabus Operating Carrier(s) will have the right to litigate that Claim in court or have a jury trial on that Claim. By accepting these Terms and Conditions, you acknowledge and agree that you and Megabus are each waiving the right to a trial by jury to any Claim subject to arbitration.
If either party elects to resolve a claim by arbitration, that claim will be arbitrated on an individual basis. There will be no right or authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class action basis or on bases involving claims brought in a purported representative capacity on behalf of the general public, other persons similarly situated.
The arbitrator's authority is limited to claims between you and Megabus Operating Carrier(s) alone. Claims may not be joined or consolidated unless you and the Megabus Operating Carrier(s) agree in writing. An arbitration award and any judgment confirming it will apply only to the specific case and cannot be used in any other case except to enforce the award.
C. Arbitration Rules and Process.
Claims are to be decided by a neutral arbitrator. The arbitration will be administered by the American Arbitration Association ("AAA") in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (the "AAA Rules") then in effect, except as modified by this "Dispute Resolution" section. The AAA Rules are available at www.adr.org or by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879.
A party who desires to initiate arbitration must provide the other party with a written Demand for Arbitration as specified in the AAA Rules. The AAA provides a form Demand for Arbitration on its website. The arbitrator will be either a retired judge or an attorney licensed to practice law and will be selected by the parties from the AAA's roster of consumer dispute arbitrators. If the parties are unable to agree upon an arbitrator within thirty (30) days of delivery of the Demand for Arbitration, then the AAA will appoint the arbitrator in accordance with the AAA Rules.
D. Arbitration Location and Procedure
Unless you and Megabus Operating Carrier(s) agree otherwise in writing, the arbitration will be conducted in the county where you reside. In the event that you reside outside of the continental United States, the arbitration will be conducted in the county of your departure.
If your claim does not exceed $10,000, then the arbitration will be conducted solely on the basis of documents you and Megabus submit to the arbitrator, unless you request a hearing or the arbitrator determines that a hearing is necessary. If your claim exceeds $10,000, your right to a hearing will be determined by the AAA Rules. Subject to the AAA Rules, the arbitrator will have the discretion to direct a reasonable exchange of information by the parties, consistent with the expedited nature of the arbitration.
E. Arbitrator’s Decision.
The arbitrator's decision is as enforceable as any court order and is subject to very limited review by a court. The arbitrator will render an award within the time frame specified in the AAA Rules. The arbitrator's decision will include the essential findings and conclusions upon which the arbitrator based the award. Judgment on the arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
Your responsibility to pay any AAA filing, administrative and arbitrator fees will be solely as set forth in the AAA Rules. However, if your claim for damages does not exceed $75,000, Megabus will pay all such fees, unless the Arbitrator finds that either the substance of your claim or the relief sought in your Demand for Arbitration was frivolous or was brought for an improper purpose (as measured by the standards set forth in Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11(b)).
5. Limitation of Liability / Claims
Unless caused in whole or in part by its own negligence or that of its employees, Megabus shall not be liable for loss, damage or delay caused by:
(1) The act or default by the passenger;
(2) The nature of the property or defect therein;
(3) An act of God, public enemies, authority of the law, quarantine, perils or navigation, riots, strikes, or the hazards or dangers incidents to a state of war; or
(4) Accidents, breakdowns, bad conditions of roads or other causes beyond the carriers’ control.
Megabus Operating Carrier(s) assume no liability for the loss of or damage of baggage caused by Megabus in excess of two hundred and fifty ($250) dollars, and then only to the extent of the actual loss or damage sustained caused by Megabus, computed on the basis of the actual value of the baggage. Megabus will assume no liability for damage, breakage, deterioration, delay, and/or loss of any article prohibited to be transported on its motorcoaches. Such prohibited articles include any hazardous materials as that term is defined by the US Department of Transportation or any weapons of any kind.
Any claim against a Megabus Operating Carrier for loss, damage or delay must be filed with Megabus within 60 days of the discovery of the loss or damage on which the claim is based, but in no case shall this extend any statute of limitations otherwise in effect. Otherwise, Megabus will have no responsibility to pay the claim.
6. The megabus.com Website
A. Using this website
In order to make reservations using the payment method displayed on this website, you must be 18 years of age or over. By using megabus.com you confirm that you possess the legal authority to enter into the conditions of use for this site, including instructing us to collect any payments from a credit card, and to use this site in accordance with all these terms and conditions. You also confirm that all information supplied by you in using this site is true and accurate. For more about Website Accessibility see here.
Except as otherwise indicated elsewhere on this website, megabus.com authorizes you to use appropriate software accessible on the website only to view and cache, store and display a single copy of any text, graphics, images, audio, video clips, photographs, illustrations, multimedia presentations, other media accessible through the website, and the website itself (the "Materials") solely in accordance with the following terms and conditions, to which you are deemed to assent by virtue of your use of this website (which terms and conditions are hereafter referred to as the “Agreement”):
- The Materials may be used solely for your own informational, personal, non-commercial purposes, and shall not be copied or posted on any network computer, broadcast in any media, posted on the World Wide Web, publicly performed, distributed, retransmitted or otherwise used or exploited in any way for any non-personal, public or commercial purpose;
- The Materials are protected by copyright under United States, Canadian and foreign laws. Unauthorized use of the Materials may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws. Therefore, any copy of the Materials or any portion thereof viewed, downloaded or otherwise accessed by you must retain all copyright, trademark, and other proprietary notices as contained in the original Materials;
- You may not modify, create derivative works from, participate in the transfer or sale of, or otherwise modify or alter the Materials, in any manner or reverse engineer, decompile or otherwise attempt to derive the source code from any software associated with the Materials. You agree not to use any trademarks, service marks, names, logos, or other identifiers of: (a) the website; (b) megabus.com; or (c) megabus.com employees, licensors, independent contractors, providers and affiliates (collectively, the "Affiliates") without the express, prior written permission of megabus.com or the relevant Affiliate;
- You agree not to: (a) interrupt, or attempt to interrupt, the operation of the website in any way, through any means or device including, but not limited to, spamming, hacking, uploading computer viruses or time bombs, malicious code, or any other means expressly or impliedly prohibited by any provision of these terms and conditions or; (b) engage in any other activity deemed by megabus.com to be in conflict with the spirit or intent of this Agreement;
- You further acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights to any of the Materials including, without limitation, the website by viewing or accessing the Materials including, without limitation, the website;
- You agree to access and use the Materials including, without limitation, the website in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations of any governmental or other legal authority;
- You agree that from time to time the website may be inaccessible or inoperable for any reason, including, without limitation: (a) equipment malfunctions; (b) periodic maintenance procedures or repairs which megabus.com may undertake from time to time; or (c) causes beyond the control of megabus.com, whether or not foreseeable; and
- You shall be solely responsible for providing, maintaining and ensuring compatibility with the website, all hardware, software, electrical and other physical requirements for your use of the Materials including, without limitation, telecommunications and Internet access connections and links, web browsers or other equipment, programs and services required to access and use the Materials.
- Use of the Materials as specified above does not authorize or permit any right to copy, in whole or in part, the layout or design of this website. Elements of this website, including, but not limited to, style and presentation, are protected by trade dress and other laws and may not be imitated or reproduced, in whole or in part. You acknowledge that megabus.com is the sole owner of the Materials and such website elements not otherwise either in the public domain or owned by the government or other third party.
- You are solely responsible for any and all of your acts and omissions that occur when using the website, and you agree not to engage in unacceptable use of the website, which includes, without limitation, use of the website to: (a) transmit unsolicited messages, chain letters or unsolicited commercial email; (b) transmit material that, to a reasonable person may be abusive, obscene, pornographic, defamatory, harassing, grossly offensive, vulgar, threatening or malicious; (c) transmit files, graphics, software or other material that actually or potentially infringes the copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other intellectual property right of any person; (d) transmit viruses, trojan horses or any other malicious code or program; (e) engage in systematic retrieval of data or other content from this website to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database or directory without written permission from megabus.com by use of scrapers or other tools; or (f) engage in any other activity deemed by megabus.com to be in conflict with the spirit or intent of this Agreement.
- We will not be liable or responsible to you, nor be deemed to have defaulted or breached these Terms, for any failure or delay in our performance under these Terms when and to the extent such failure or delay is caused by or results from acts or circumstances beyond our reasonable control, including, without limitation, acts of God, flood, fire, earthquake, explosion, governmental actions, war, invasion or hostilities (whether war is declared or not), terrorist threats or acts, riot or other civil unrest, national emergency, revolution, insurrection, epidemic, lockouts, strikes or other labor disputes (whether or not relating to our workforce), or restraints or delays affecting carriers or inability or delay in obtaining replacement parts or other materials, or telecommunication breakdown or power outage.
- You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Megabus, its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, and each of their respective partners, employees, representatives and agents, from and against all claims, losses, costs, damages, liabilities and expenses (including, but not limited to, attorney fees) arising out of: (a) Your activities in connection with this Website; (b) any violation of this Agreement by you; (c) any improper or unauthorized use of the Materials by you; (d) any allegation that anything you transmit through or in connection with the Website infringes or otherwise violates the intellectual property, privacy or other rights of any third party; (e) any conduct, activity or action engaged in by you which is unlawful or illegal under any state, federal or common law, or violative of the rights of any individual or entity, engaged in, caused by, or facilitated in any way through the use of Services, Materials or any other such service or information provided by the Website.
C. Availability of Website
We will try to keep megabus.com available but cannot guarantee that this website will operate continuously or without interruptions or be error free and can accept no liability for its unavailability. You must not attempt to circumvent security, tamper with, hack into, or otherwise disrupt any computer system, server, website, router or any other Internet connected device. You agree to only access public facing portions of the website and will not attempt to otherwise access non-public facing portions of the website.
D. Unlawful or Prohibited Use of megabus.com
As a condition of your use of megabus.com, you agree that you will not use this website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms and conditions, and you will not aid or assist anyone else in doing so.
This information published on megabus.com is provided as a convenience to visitors and should be used for information purposes only and is subject to change without notice. While megabus.com uses all reasonable efforts to ensure that the information contained on its website is current, accurate and complete at the date of publication, no representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of such information. None of the operating carriers can therefore be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information appearing on this website. In addition, no warranty is given as to the freedom of this website from errors, defects, viruses or other malicious programs or macros.
F. Website Modifications
We reserve the right to make changes or corrections, alter, suspend or discontinue any aspects of our website or the content or services available through it (although we will honor any existing reservations or provide a refund in the event of unavoidable cancellations). Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new feature, content, products and services offered shall be subject to these terms and conditions.
G. Links to Other Websites
Website links from megabus.com exist for convenience and information and megabus.com makes no representations regarding, or accepts any responsibility or liability for the products, services or information (or any reliance on it) contained on any such site. Megabus.com does not guarantee that third party websites are free of infection from any virus, harmful component, or other code or computer programming routines that contain contaminating or destructive properties or that are intended to damage, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. The existence of a link to another website does not imply or express endorsement of its provider, product or services by megabus.com.
H. Website Cookies
This site uses web cookies. Cookies are pieces of data that are sent from our website to your browser, which may then store them on your computer system. No personal information or credit card details of any kind are stored or gathered by cookies. Cookies collect anonymous information to improve your experience on the website and to allow megabus.com to improve our digital advertising.
Without cookies, megabus.com would "forget" the items in your basket each time you went to a different page. The session cookie is deleted when your browser is closed, removing access to any session information which will be removed from our servers a short time afterwards.
If you would like more information on what a cookie is and its implications on privacy, anonymity and security, please see more about website cookies with Wikipedia.com.
The Website is not directed to individuals under the age of 13, nor does it contain information which would be potentially harmful to minors in any way. However, we advise all visitors to the Website under the age of 13 not to disclose or provide any Personally Identifiable Information. In the event that Megabus discovers that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personally Identifiable Information to us, we will delete the child's Personally Identifiable Information in accordance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998. Please see the Federal Trade Commission's website for a copy of this act and other information related thereto if you are interested.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, pursuant to 47 U.S.C. Section 230 (d), as amended, we hereby notify you that parental control protections are commercially available to assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors. More information on the availability of such software can be found through publicly available sources. You may wish to contact your Internet Service Provider for more information.
A. General Notice
Failure or delay by us to enforce an obligation or exercise a right under these terms and conditions does not constitute a waiver of that obligation or right.
If any provision or term of these terms and conditions shall become or be declared illegal, invalid, void or unenforceable for any reason whatsoever, such term or provision shall be divisible and severed from the other terms and conditions and shall be deemed to be deleted from them. Severance of such terms shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining terms of the Agreement.
We may alter these terms and conditions from time to time and post the new version on our website, following which all use of our website will be governed by that version. It is your responsibility to check the terms and conditions on the website regularly and prior to making a reservation.
Unless specifically stated otherwise herein or required by law, Megabus shall not be liable for any consequential, compensatory, indirect, incidental or punitive damages arising out of or in connection with the performance of its obligations under these terms and conditions.
Megabus.com and any Megabus Operating Carrier has the right to cancel reservations (whether or not confirmed) of any customer whenever such action is necessary to comply with any governmental regulation, upon any governmental request for emergency transportation in connection with the national defense, or whenever such action is necessary or advisable by reason of weather or other conditions beyond Megabus' control, including Force Majeure events.
C. No Discrimination
Reservations and seating aboard megabus.com vehicles operated in interstate, intrastate or foreign commerce is without regard to race, color, creed, or national origin.
D. Contacting Us and Customer Service
We hope you find this site useful and easy to use. Should you have any questions, comments or suggestions then please contact us. Customer service inquiries concerning megabus.com services should be directed to Megabus at 349 First Street, Elizabeth, NJ 07206. Telephone inquiries should be directed to 877-GO2-MEGA.
E. Changes to Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions may be modified or amended from time to time. Amendments will be effective upon posting of such updated Terms and Conditions online. Supplemental Terms and Conditions shall prevail over these Terms and Conditions in the event of a conflict. These Terms and Conditions may not be changed or contradicted by any alleged oral agreement with any representative of a Megabus Operating Carrier, or otherwise.