Customers with special requirements
Customers with special requirements can easily book a ticket on Megabus. After filling out your trip details in our journey planner, click on the "assisted travel" option, and answer a few simple questions that will allow us to do our very best to accommodate you.
Customers are also welcome to call 1-877-GO2-MEGA (1-877-462-6342) to have one of our dedicated customer service representatives assist them with their reservation.
Megabus is fully ADA compliant, welcomes all customers, and does not discriminate based on disability.
Our courteous, professional, and experienced drivers are committed to ensuring you have a safe, comfortable trip.
Megabus provides accessible transportation service to those with special requirements, including, but not limited to, those with walking difficulties or sight impairments, those who use mobility units and customers with service animals and breathing aids.
Whether the animals purchased a ticket or not (good job training!), we're unable to carry animals onboard, with the exception of trained service animals that assist customers with their travel.
Service animals must be properly harnessed and under the direct control of the passenger at all times.
Each Megabus double-decker bus has space for two mobility units.
Mobility units can be accommodated up to 30 inches wide and 48 inches long and are acceptable weighing up to 600 pounds when occupied.
Megabus is obligated to provide accessible transportation service to customers with disabilities. If you believe that Megabus has failed to fulfill this obligation or that you have been discriminated against on the basis of your disability, please contact Kat Montilla in any of the following ways:
1. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Telephone: 908-372-6195
3. Fax: 908-994-9423
4. Mail: 349 First Street, Elizabeth, New Jersey 07206.
- Locate your arrival/departure location, which was emailed to you with your confirmation number. (It can also be viewed by visiting our change trip section.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your scheduled departure.
- Speak with a Megabus representative prior to departure and they will happily assist you with boarding, when appropriate
- Each Megabus driver is trained and experienced with boarding and securing a variety of mobility devices.