Terms and conditions
What are megabus.com's terms and conditions?
The full megabus.com terms and conditions are listed here.
The megabus.com reservation terms and conditions are as follows:
1. You must be 18 years of age or over to make travel reservations on megabus.com.
2. Reservations with megabus.com may not be refunded or cancelled except where megabus.com has materially failed in its delivery of the service offered by this site.
3. Customers wishing to change a reservation must do so at least 3 hours prior to the departure time of the existing reservation. A trade in fee ($3.00 for trade ins more than 24 hours from departure, $5.00 for trade ins 6 to 24 hours from departure, and $7.50 for trade ins 3 to 6 hours from departure) and a $2.00 new reservation fee is charged for all reservations being changed. The cost of the initial reservation will be credited against the subsequent reservation, less the applicable fees. Should the subsequent reservation be less expensive than the initial reservation, no payment or further credit will be made to the customer and all unused credit will be forfeited. If the initial amount paid is less than the cost of the subsequent reservation the customer must pay the difference when completing their new reservation.
4. Reservations are only valid on the trip(s) stated.
5. All children under 17 years of age must be accompanied by an adult (17 years of age or over) when traveling on megabus.com.
6. Passengers are required to present a valid reservation number, provided at the time of purchase, when boarding megabus.com services.
7. If we have reason to suspect the fraudulent use of a confirmation, we reserve the right to refuse travel on our vehicles. No refund will be made in relation to any confirmation refused due to fraudulent use.
8. Customers are required to be at their departure point at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time. This allows megabus.com drivers to board customers in a timely manner avoiding any delays that may impact on the departure of the vehicle.
9. When your reservation has been completed we will issue you with a confirmation e-mail. It is your responsibility to check that the confirmation issued to you is accurate. We are only responsible for issuing the confirmation in line with your request made on this website.
10. megabus.com does not check luggage or provide receipts for luggage transported on the bus by the passenger. Customers are advised that megabus.com will accept up to ONE (1) piece of luggage per passenger reservation. For guidance this must not exceed 62 inches when adding the total exterior dimensions of the piece (length + width + height) and should not weigh more than 50 pounds. Passengers can also take on board one (1) small carry-on bag that will fit in the overhead storage compartments or under the seat. Maximum bag sizes that are commonly used for airline carry-on, such as wheeled rectangular bags are typically too large to be taken on board the bus and will not be permitted in the passenger area. We suggest a bag with dimensions no larger than a briefcase as being about the correct size for carriage onto the bus. All luggage should be locked and we recommend that a TSA approved locking device be used, particularly if crossing international borders. We also recommend that you label your luggage with your name, address and contact number. Please be advised that passengers wishing to travel with more luggage than specified above will have items refused. No refunds will be issued in respect of travel plans canceled by the customer as a result of their excess luggage being refused. If you wish to take an extra piece of luggage, you should purchase an additional travel ticket in advance of travel. This guarantees your luggage space on the bus, which is limited. Customers presenting additional pieces of luggage without an additional passenger reservation for such at New York, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington DC, Boston, Atlanta and all Texas cities will be requested to pay the full walk-up fare for the carriage of additional pieces of luggage. The carriage of additional luggage is at the discretion of the operator or dispatcher and usually dependent on the available space once all legs of the bus journey have been considered. In the interests of safety and the prevention of injury to employees and associates, no pieces of luggage over 50 pounds in weight are allowed - regardless of whether additional reservations have been purchased or not. Medical devices required for travel are carried in addition to the luggage limitations. Childrens strollers may also be carried in addition to the luggage limitations, maximum one per passenger, provided that they are properly folded and capable of being stowed in the luggage compartment. Where additional luggage is accepted for travel by the bus operator or dispatcher, megabus.com does not guarantee that the luggage will be carried on any subsequent service the customer intends to use. No refunds will be issued in respect of travel plans cancelled by the customer as a result of their excess luggage being refused on subsequent services. Bicycles are not permitted on megabus motorcoaches. Customers may not transport in their baggage or otherwise any items that are inherently dangerous, including any hazardous materials as that term is defined by the US Department of Transportation or weapons of any kind. Luggage is subject to inspection when crossing international borders. You will be asked to declare any items subject to duty upon crossing the border. Passengers must claim their luggage at the border crossing point for clearance through customs before being allowed to proceed across the border. No luggage is allowed across the border unless claimed by a passenger. Our maximum liability to you for any loss or damage to your luggage is US$250 per passenger for any such loss or damage to luggage, and megabus.com will only be responsible to reimburse passengers up to the maximum liability limit in the event of negligence on the part of megabus.com.
11. megabus.com is unable to carry animals, with the exception of trained service animals that allow Passengers with Disabilities to perform necessary activities. Service animals must be properly harnessed and under the direct control of the passenger at all times.
12. All prices are shown in US$.
13. Coach USA, Coach Canada / Trentway-Wagar Inc. and affiliated company staff passes are not valid for travel on megabus.com.
14. megabus.com is not responsible for delays or cancellations caused by traffic or road conditions, weather or other causes over which it has no control.
15. Customers are allowed to bring food and non-alcoholic beverages on board. Passengers are not permitted consume or bring alcoholic beverages on board.
16. megabus.com offers approved connections and will guarantee customer's travel to their final destinations. These approved connections are available for sale on the megabus.com website and will only require one search and one reservation for travel. megabus.com does not guarantee connections non-approved routes reservations where multiple reservations are needed to travel to the final destination. If passengers decide to make a non-approved connection, then we require that you allow two hours in between trips to account for any delays that may be experienced.
17. Smoking, including the use of electronic simulated smoking materials, e-cigarettes, and smokeless cigarettes, is prohibited in our buses.
Did we answer your question?