Please see below for our full megabus.com terms and conditions or use the links provided.
In the United States most megabus.com© (“Megabus©”) motorcoach service is operated by either Megabus USA LLC, DOT No. 1538200, MC No. 572524 (for routes operated in and through the states of Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio, and Wisconsin), Megabus Northeast LLC, DOT No. 1759030, MC No. 643228 (for routes operated in or through Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island Tennessee, and Virginia), Megabus Southeast LLC, DOT No. 523524, MC No. 263222 (for certain routes in the southeast U.S., including routes to/from Atlanta, Georgia and routes within Alabama, Florida and Louisiana), Megabus Southwest LLC, Inc. DOT No. 50611 MC No. 115432 (for routes in Texas, Arkansas, and Louisiana), Megabus West LLC, DOT No. 20103, MC No. 29592 (for routes in California and Nevada), and Lakefront Lines Inc, DOT No. 34379 (for routes in or through Kentucky, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and New York).
megabus.com service may on occasion be provided by other authorized, non-affiliated motorcoach operators with which megabus.com maintains operating arrangements.On certain routes to/from or within New England, megabus.com service may be provided by Dattco Inc., DOT No. 61222, MC No.-95466 or by Concord Coach Lines, DOT No. 86264, MC No.-116140.
In Canada and for the portion of the route between Buffalo and the international border, megabus.com is operated by Trentway-Wagar Inc., DOT No. 26345, MC No. 126430.Trentway-Wagar also holds appropriate operating authority issued by the Government of Ontario.
Megabus USA LLC, Megabus Northeast LLC, Megabus Southeast LLC, Megabus Southwest LLC, Megabus West LLC and Trentway-Wagar Inc. (collectively, the “Operating Carriers”) are each an indirect subsidiary of Stagecoach Group plc.The address of Megabus USA LLC is 4400 S. Racine Ave, Chicago, IL 60609; the address of Megabus Northeast LLC is 349 First St, Elizabeth, NJ 07206; the address of Megabus Southeast LLC is 705 Lively Avenue, Norcross, GA 30091; the address of Megabus Southwest LLC is 1430 East Houston Street, San Antonio, TX 78202; the address of Megabus West LLC is 2001 S Manchester Ave, Anaheim, CA 92808: and the address of Trentway-Wagar Inc. is 791 Webber Ave., Peterborough, ON KPJ 7B1. Customer service inquiries concerning megabus.com services should be directed to Coach USA at 349 First Street, Elizabeth, NJ 07206.Telephone inquiries should be directed to 877-GO2-MEGA.
Certain of the motorcoach services sold on this website are not megabus.com services, but rather are services provided by other authorized motor carriers which are identified on the search results pages.Transportation provided by other motorcoach operators is subject exclusively to the terms and conditions maintained by those other motor carriers.megabus.com serves only as a sales agent for these other motor carriers and assumes no responsibility or liability of any kind for their services.
Reservations and seating aboard megabus.com vehicles operated in interstate, intrastate or foreign commerce is without regard to race, color, creed, or national origin.
This information published on megabus.com is provided as a convenience to visitors and should be used for information purposes only and is subject to change without notice. While megabus.com uses all reasonable efforts to ensure that the information contained on its website is current, accurate and complete at the date of publication, no representations or warranties are made (express or implied) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of such information. None of the operating carriers can therefore be held liable for any loss arising directly or indirectly from the use of, or any action taken in reliance on, any information appearing on this website. In addition, no warranty is given as to the freedom of this website from errors, defects, viruses or other malicious programs or macros.
Availability of website
We will try to keep megabus.com available but cannot guarantee that this website will operate continuously or without interruptions or be error free and can accept no liability for its unavailability. You must not attempt to circumvent security, tamper with, hack into, or otherwise disrupt any computer system, server, website, router or any other Internet connected device.
We reserve the right to make changes or corrections, alter, suspend or discontinue any aspects of our website or the content or services available through it (although we will honor any existing reservations or provide a refund in the event of unavoidable cancellations). Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new feature, content, products and services offered shall be subject to these terms and conditions.
Links to other websites
Website links from megabus.com exist for convenience and information and megabus.com makes no representations regarding, or accepts any responsibility or liability for the products, services or information (or any reliance on it) contained on any such site. megabus.com does not guarantee that third party websites are free of infection from any virus, harmful component,or other code or computer programming routines that contain contaminating or destructive properties or that are intended to damage, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. The existence of a link to another website does not imply or express endorsement of its provider, product or services by megabus.com.
This site uses web cookies. Cookies are pieces of data that are sent from our website to your browser, which may then store them on your computer system. No personal information or details of any kind are stored or gathered by cookies.
Without cookies, megabus.com would "forget" the items in your basket each time you went to a different page. The session information used by this site is deleted when your browser is closed.
If you would like more information on what a cookie is and its implications on privacy, anonymity and security, please see more about website cookies with Wikipedia.com.
Except as otherwise indicated elsewhere on this website, megabus.com authorizes you to use appropriate software accessible on the website only to view and cache, store and display a single copy of any text, graphics, images, audio, video clips, photographs, illustrations, multimedia presentations, other media accessible through the website, and the website itself (the "Materials") solely in accordance with the following terms and conditions, to which you are deemed to assent by virtue of your use of this website (which terms and conditions are hereafter referred to as the “Agreement”) :
• A. The Materials may be used solely for your own informational, personal, non-commercial purposes, and shall not be copied or posted on any network computer, broadcast in any media, posted on the World Wide Web, publicly performed, distributed, retransmitted or otherwise used or exploited in any way for any non-personal, public or commercial purpose;
• B. The Materials are protected by copyright under United States, Canadian and foreign laws. Unauthorized use of the Materials may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws. Therefore, any copy of the Materials or any portion thereof viewed, downloaded or otherwise accessed by you must retain all copyright, trademark, and other proprietary notices as contained in the original Materials;
• C. You may not modify, create derivative works from, participate in the transfer or sale of, or otherwise modify or alter the Materials, in any manner or reverse engineer, decompile or otherwise attempt to derive the source code from any software associated with the Materials. You agree not to use any trademarks, service marks, names, logos, or other identifiers of (i) the website, (ii) megabus.com, or (iii) megabus.com employees, licensors, independent contractors, providers and affiliates (collectively, the "Affiliates") without the express, prior written permission of megabus.com or the relevant Affiliate;
• D. You agree not to
o (i) interrupt, or attempt to interrupt, the operation of the website in any way, through any means or device including, but not limited to, spamming, hacking, uploading computer viruses or time bombs, or any other means expressly or impliedly prohibited by any provision of these terms and conditions or
o (ii) engage in any other activity deemed by megabus.com to be in conflict with the spirit or intent of this Agreement;
• E. You further acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights to any of the Materials including, without limitation, the website by viewing or accessing the Materials including, without limitation, the website;
• F. You agree to access and use the Materials including, without limitation, the website in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations of any governmental or other legal authority;
• G. You agree that from time to time the website may be inaccessible or inoperable for any reason, including, without limitation:
o (i) equipment malfunctions;
o (ii) periodic maintenance procedures or repairs which megabus.com may undertake from time to time; or
o (iii) causes beyond the control of megabus.com, whether or not foreseeable; and
• H. You shall be solely responsible for providing, maintaining and ensuring compatibility with the website, all hardware, software, electrical and other physical requirements for your use of the Materials including, without limitation, telecommunications and Internet access connections and links, web browsers or other equipment, programs and services required to access and use the Materials.
• I. Use of the Materials as specified above does not authorize or permit any right to copy, in whole or in part, the layout or design of this website. Elements of this website, including, but not limited to, style and presentation, are protected by trade dress and other laws and may not be imitated or reproduced, in whole or in part. You acknowledge that megabus.com is the sole owner of the Materials and such website elements not otherwise either in the public domain or owned by the government or other third party.
• J. You are solely responsible for any and all of your acts and omissions that occur when using the website, and you agree not to engage in unacceptable use of the website, which includes, without limitation, use of the website to:
o (i) transmit unsolicited messages, chain letters or unsolicited commercial email;
o (ii) transmit material that, to a reasonable person may be abusive, obscene, pornographic, defamatory, harassing, grossly offensive, vulgar, threatening or malicious;
o (iii) transmit files, graphics, software or other material that actually or potentially infringes the copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other intellectual property right of any person;
o (iv) transmit viruses, trojan horses or any other malicious code or program;
o (v) engage in systematic retrieval of data or other content from this website to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database or directory without written permission from megabus.com by use of scrapers or other tools; or
o (vi) engage in any other activity deemed by megabus.com to be in conflict with the spirit or intent of this Agreement.
Except as set forth herein, all disputes between both parties arising out of or otherwise relating to the Agreement and the Materials including, without limitation, the website and its/their implementation, or related to the transportation service provided hereunder, other than criminal or statutory violations, claims relating to trademarks and other intellectual property, or claims arising from loss, damage or injury to persons and property transported by Megabus, will be settled solely and exclusively by binding arbitration in the New York, NY, United States of America, pursuant to the JAMS/ENDISPUTE's Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures then in effect. JAMS/ENDISPUTE’s New York office can be contacted at 212-751-2700.Interpretation, construction and implementation of this Agreement and the rights and obligations of the parties under it shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. Any decision rendered shall be final and conclusive upon both parties, and a judgment thereon may be enforced in any court having jurisdiction. Each party shall pay its pro-rata share of JAMS/ENDISPUTE’s filing fees (currently $400 per party) at the commencement of the arbitration.All costs incurred in arbitrating a dispute, including filing fees, shall be shared in proportion to the parties' respective amounts of liability as determined by the arbitrator. This clause affects important legal rights and prevents going to court for resolution of claims covered by this clause, but does not preclude going to court to enforce an arbitrator’s decision.
Using this website
In order to make reservations using the payment method displayed on this website, you must be 18 years of age or over. By using megabus.com you confirm that you possess the legal authority to enter into the conditions of use for this site, including instructing us to collect any payments from a credit card, and to use this site in accordance with all these terms and conditions. You also confirm that all information supplied by you in using this site is true and accurate. For more about Website Accessibility see here.
Unlawful or prohibited use of megabus.com
As a condition of your use of megabus.com, you agree that you will not use this website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms and conditions.
Reservation terms and conditions
1. You must be 18 years of age or over to make travel reservations on megabus.com.
2. Reservations with megabus.com may not be refunded or cancelled except where megabus.com has materially failed in its delivery of the service offered by this site. If reserved seat reservations are not honored but the transporation is still provided, then only the reserved seat price will be refunded.
3. Customers wishing to change a reservation must do so at least 6 hours prior to the departure time of the existing reservation. A trade in fee ($3.00 for trade ins more than 24 hours from departure, $5.00 for trade ins 6 to 24 hours from departure, $7.50 for trade ins 3 to 6 hours from departure) and a $2.00 new reservation fee is charged for all reservations being changed. The cost of the initial reservation will be credited against the subsequent reservation, less the applicable fees. Should the subsequent reservation be less expensive than the initial reservation, no payment or further credit will be made to the customer and all unused credit will be forfeited. If the initial amount paid is less than the cost of the subsequent reservation the customer must pay the difference when completing their new reservation.
4. Reservations are only valid on the trip(s) stated.
5. All children under 17 years of age must be accompanied by an adult (17 years of age or over) when travelling on megabus.com
6. All passengers are required to have a valid reservation regardless of age.
7. Passengers are required to present a valid reservation number, provided at the time of purchase, when boarding megabus.com services.
7. If we have reason to suspect the fraudulent use of a confirmation, we reserve the right to refuse travel on our vehicles. No refund will be made in relation to any confirmation refused due to fraudulent use.
8. Customers are required to be at their departure point at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time. This allows megabus.com drivers to board customers in a timely manner avoiding any delays that may impact on the departure of the vehicle.
9. When your reservation has been completed we will issue you with a confirmation e-mail. It is your responsibility to check that the confirmation issued to you is accurate. We are only responsible for issuing the confirmation in line with your request made on this website.
10. megabus.com does not check luggage or provide receipts for luggage transported on the bus by the passenger. Customers are advised that megabus.com will accept up to ONE (1) piece of luggage per passenger reservation. For guidance this must not exceed 62 inches when adding the total exterior dimensions of the piece (length + width + height) and should not weigh more than 50 pounds. Passengers can also take on board one (1) small carry-on bag that will fit in the overhead storage compartments or under the seat. Maximum bag sizes that are commonly used for airline carry-on, such as wheeled rectangular bags are typically too large to be taken on board the bus and will not be permitted in the passenger area. We suggest a bag with dimensions no larger than a briefcase as being about the correct size for carriage onto the bus. All luggage should be locked and we recommend that a TSA approved locking device be used, particularly if crossing international borders. We also recommend that you label your luggage with your name, address and contact number. Please be advised that passengers wishing to travel with more luggage than specified above will have items refused. No refunds will be issued in respect of travel plans canceled by the customer as a result of their excess luggage being refused. If you wish to take an extra piece of luggage, you should purchase an additional travel ticket in advance of travel. This guarantees your luggage space on the bus, which is limited. Customers presenting additional pieces of luggage without an additional passenger reservation for such at New York, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington DC, Boston, Atlanta and all Texas cities will be requested to pay the full walk-up fare for the carriage of additional pieces of luggage. The carriage of additional luggage is at the discretion of the operator or dispatcher and usually dependent on the available space once all legs of the bus journey have been considered. In the interests of safety and the prevention of injury to employees and associates, no pieces of luggage over 50 pounds in weight are allowed - regardless of whether additional reservations have been purchased or not. Medical devices required for travel are carried in addition to the luggage limitations. Childrens strollers may also be carried in addition to the luggage limitations, maximum one per passenger, provided that they are properly folded and capable of being stowed in the luggage compartment. Where additional luggage is accepted for travel by the bus operator or dispatcher, megabus.com does not guarantee that the luggage will be carried on any subsequent service the customer intends to use. No refunds will be issued in respect of travel plans cancelled by the customer as a result of their excess luggage being refused on subsequent services. Bicycles are not permitted on megabus motorcoaches. Customers may not transport in their baggage or otherwise any items that are inherently dangerous, including any hazardous materials as that term is defined by the US Department of Transportation or weapons of any kind. Luggage is subject to inspection when crossing international borders. You will be asked to declare any items subject to duty upon crossing the border. Passengers must claim their luggage at the border crossing point for clearance through customs before being allowed to proceed across the border. No luggage is allowed across the border unless claimed by a passenger. Our maximum liability to you for any loss or damage to your luggage is US$250 per passenger for any such loss or damage to luggage, and megabus.com will only be responsible to reimburse passengers up to the maximum liability limit in the event of negligence on the part of megabus.com.
11. megabus.com is unable to carry animals, with the exception of trained service animals that allow Passengers with Disabilities to perform necessary activities. Service animals must be properly harnessed and under the direct control of the passenger at all times.
12. All prices are shown in US$.
13. Coach USA, Coach Canada / Trentway-Wagar Inc. and affiliated company staff passes are not valid for travel on megabus.com.
14. megabus.com is not responsible for delays or cancellations caused by traffic or road conditions, weather or other causes over which it has no control.
15. Customers are allowed to bring food and non-alcoholic beverages on board. Passengers are not permitted consume or bring alcoholic beverages on board.
16. megabus.com offers approved connections and will guarantee customer’s travel to their final destinations. These approved connections are available for sale on the megabus.com website and will only require one search and one reservation for travel. megabus.com does not guarantee connections non-approved routes reservations where multiple reservations are needed to travel to the final destination. If passengers decide to make a non-approved connection, then we require that you allow two hours in between trips to account for any delays that may be experienced.
17. Smoking, including the use of electronic simulated smoking materials, e-cigarettes, and smokeless cigarettes, is prohibited in our buses.
18. megabus.com reserves the right to right to substitute a replacement vehicle which may not have all of the regular amenities for operational reasons.
Megabus vehicles may be equipped with video recording equipment and, proximate to the driver, audio recording equipment as well. Video and audio recordings may be reviewed by Megabus personnel in the event of an accident involgiving the Megabus vehicle or any safety, security or other event that warrants investigation by Megabus, and may be made available to law enforcement authorities in response to a lawful subpoena for such a recording. Acceptance of transporation on a Megabus vehicle shall constitute consent to any such recording.
All prices are shown in US$. Megabus.com one-way fares start as low as US$1 and are inclusive of any applicable sales taxes. Fares will vary by reservation date, day of travel and demand for seats. US$1 fares are limited. Fares are subject to change without notice. A US$2.00 fee is charged for all reservations. For changes to existing reservations a US $3.00 change fee will apply to trips greater than 24 hours from time of departure, a US $5.00 change fee will apply for trips 6-24 hours from time of departure and a US $7.50 change fee will apply for trips 3-6 hours from time of departure. Any change to your reservation may result in a fare increase. Megabus will offer its best prices to those who make reservations early or choose less popular trips. However, all trips will remain competitively priced offering excellent value for your money. Please note that due to the high sales volumes on our website, prices may fluctuate between searches.
Ticket prices start at $1 on all trips. Megabus typically only sells a very limited number of $1 tickets per trip to the first or initial customers that purchase a ticket for that trip. When demand is high, Megabus may use two or more buses per trip to accommodate all passengers. In such instances the addition of an extra bus or buses does not result in additional availability of $1 tickets.
A single reservation fee of US$2.00 is charged for all megabus reservations. This fee is charged to cover bank and administration charges related to your reservation. Megabus.com reserves the right to impose additional charges. Reservations made by telephone will be charged at the same rate as those made on the internet and will be charged a US $7.00 reservation fee. Calls to the megabus.com reservation hotline are toll free.
We hope you find this site useful and easy to use. Should you have any questions, comments or suggestions then please contact us.
Failure or delay by us to enforce an obligation or exercise a right under these terms and conditions does not constitute a waiver of that obligation or right.
If any provision or term of these terms and conditions shall become or be declared illegal, invalid or unenforceable for any reason whatsoever, such term or provision shall be divisible from the other terms and conditions and shall be deemed to be deleted from them.
We may alter these terms and conditions from time to time and post the new version on our website, following which all use of our website will be governed by that version. It is your responsibility to check the terms and conditions on the website regularly and prior to making a reservation.
Unless specifically stated otherwise herein or required by law, megabus shall not be liable for any consequential, compensatory, indirect, incidental or punitive damages arising out of or in connection with the performance of its obligations under these terms and conditions.
megabus.com has the right to cancel reservations (whether or not confirmed) of any customer whenever such action is necessary to comply with any governmental regulation, upon any governmental request for emergency transportation in connection with the national defense, or whenever such action is necessary or advisable by reason of weather or other conditions beyond Megabus' control, including Force Majeure events.
Limitation of Liability/Claims
Megabus assumes no liability for the loss of or damage of baggage in excess of two hundred and fifty ($250) dollars, and then only to the extent of the actual loss or damage sustained, computed on the basis of the actual value of the baggage. Megabus will assume no liability for damage, breakage, deterioration, delay, and/or loss of any article prohibited to be transported on its motorcoaches. Such prohibited articles include any hazardous materials as that term is defined by the US Department of Transportation or any weapons of any kind.
Unless caused in whole or in part by its own negligence that of its employees, megabus shall not be liable for loss, damage or delay caused by:
(1) The act or default by the passenger; .
(2) The nature of the property or defect therein.
(3) An act of God, public enemies, authority of the law, quarantine, perils or navigation, riots, strikes, or the hazards or dangers incidents to a state of war.
(4) Accidents, breakdowns, bad conditions of roads or other causes beyond the carriers’ control.
Any claim against megabus for loss, damage or delay must be filed with Megabus within 60 days of the discovery of the loss or damage on which the claim is based.
Cross Border Travel
Persons traveling across the U.S.-Canada border should ascertain information on documents needed to cross the border from the relevant U.S. and Canadian government agencies, as such requirements are subject to change. A valid passport is required for citizens of any nation, including citizens of the United States and Canada, to cross the border in either direction between the United States and Canada. Passengers are advised to consult with their government if they seek to cross the border without a valid passport. For U.S. Government information, passengers should consult with U.S. Customs and Border Protection at www.cbp.gov. For Canadian Government information, passengers should consult with the Canadian Border Services Agency at www.cbsa.gc.ca.
A guardian traveling with children must provide proof of custody or notarized parental authorization for travel. An adult accompanying a child who is neither a parent nor guardian of the child should have written permission from a parent or guardian to accompany the child across the border, including the name and contact information of the parent or guardian.
Luggage is subject to inspection when crossing international borders. You will be asked to declare any items subject to duty upon crossing the border.megabus.com is not responsible for any luggage crossing international borders. Passengers must claim all luggage at the border crossing point before proceeding. No luggage is allowed across the border unless claimed by a passenger.
megabus.com will not provide free transportation to a passenger denied entry across an international border.
Refusal To Transport
Megabus shall have the right to refuse to transport or shall have the right to remove from the motorcoach at any point, any customer for the following reasons:
• A Government Request or Regulations - Whenever such action is necessary to comply with any government regulation, security directive, or any governmental request for emergency transportation in connection with the national defense.
• B Force Majeure and Other Conditions - Whenever such action is necessary or advisable by reason of weather or other conditions beyond megabus.com control including, but not limited to, acts of God, force majeure, strikes, civil commotions, embargoes, wars, hostilities, terrorist activities, or disturbances, whether actual, threatened, or reported.
• C Across International Boundaries - Whenever a customer is travelling across any international boundary if:
- The government required travel documents of such Customer appear not to be in order according to megabus' reasonable belief; or such customer's embarkation from, transit through, or entry into any country from, through, or to which such customer desires transportation would be unlawful or denied for any reason.
• D Safety - Whenever refusal or removal of a customer may be necessary for the safety of such customer or other customers or drivers, including, but not limited to:
1. Persons whose conduct is disorderly, offensive, abusive, illegal or violent;
2. Persons who fail to comply with or interfere with the duties of driver;
3. Persons who wear or have on or about their person concealed or unconcealed deadly or dangerous weapons;
4. Persons with a communicable disease or infection known or reasonably believed by megabus to pose a direct threat to the health or safety of others.